Benefits of Circumcision
When the foreskin has been completely removed under medical conditions, from the head of the penis:
- It is easier to keep clean.
- It eliminates bruising and tearing during sex, which makes sex more enjoyable for men and women.
- Cells that attract HIV have been removed.
- It reduces the risk of HIV infection but there is still a 40% chance that circumcised men can get HIV.
- Lower risk of STIs and diseases.
- It provides health benefits for sexual partners - Medical male circumcision (MMC) is good for a women's health too as it reduces her risk to cervical cancer by removing the human papilloma virus that is often carried in the foreskin.